In a word: PuTTY ++
- IVT Secure Access is a VT220 terminal emulator for Windows that can set up a secure(Kerberized) telnet, SSH, RLOGIN, NetBios or serial connection to a remote host.
In other words, you use it to get a shell prompt on a remote Unix-like machine.
- It supports multiple (tabbed) sessions of different types in a single window and has a scripting language to automate standard tasks (such as logging in and creating multiple sessions).
- IVT can do all things that PuTTY can do, and many more things besides!
- It can automatically log your sessions to a file, optionally with time stamps for every line so you have a record of exactly what happened and when.
- If you administer (or use) a large network with many machines, IVT allows you to initialize your working environment with only a few mouse clicks.
Logging in to an array of hosts with either Telnet, Kerberized Telnet, SSH or even serial modems, starting programs there, automatically analyzing the output, customizing the keyboard and screen (different key-mappings and colors per host and/or session if you want to) is all easily achieved.