- IVT is targeted at users who require accurate, fast, flexible access to many hosts of various types.
- Shared, central address book allows single point of administration of the hosts in the your network, with descriptions and special properties.
- Auto-login means you hardly ever have to type passwords. IVT can learn passwords, store them safely and re-use them.
- The multi-session, tabbed screen allows management of many simultaneous sessions with minimal screen clutter.
- Multiple copy/paste buffers. Fully programmable keys. Macros.
- Support for all modern authentication methods (GSSAPI, SSH key pairs, passwords).
- Key-broadcast: Type once, IVT will re-type that in all current sessions.
- Powerful, extensive scripting language that allows you to automate many things.
- Very accurate VT220 terminal emulation, allows flawless access to picky hosts such as VAX/VMS. Color support. All video attributes (blink,bold, underline, etc) are supported.
Topscore on the VTTEST compatibility test program!
- Advanced printing features (print-through, screen print, print selected text).
- Very large scroll back buffer, which can be searched, saved, copied and printed.
- HIGHLIGHT patterns: text sent by the host that matches a pattern can be highlighted in any foreground/background color combination.
An IVT script can be started automatically or by clicking on the highlighted text.
Example: A compiler error message is highlighted. Click on it and your favorite editor starts on the specified file and line number that are extracted from the error!
- Marker pen: select text with the mouse, hit F3 and the text will be highlighted (so you can find selected bits on large screen easily).
Once you get used to creating sessions with a few clicks and switching between 10, 20 (or even more) parallel sessions without losing track, you’ll wonder how you ever got along without it :-)