New in version 26.2 (October 6, 2018)
- Bug fix release: High ASCII characters in some codepages were displayed incorrectly.
- Cloning sessions did not clone all attributes of a session.
- A few more minor bug fixes.
New in version 26.1 (September 23, 2018):
- Support for the latest cryptography (elliptic curve) and new key pair formats, so IVT now works fine with the latest SSH servers.
- Putty import: Automatically finds your putty sessions and translates them to IVT address book entries (including all settings and options).
- Color theme support: Choose from 50 different color themes.
- XTERM 256-color support. Many fixes to color handling and color printing.
- IVT now presents itself as ‘xterm’ to hosts.
- Rewritten “create session” handling to fix many subtle problems with name resolving, profile selection, auto-completion, etc.
- Clipboard now also supports RTF (Rich Text Format) which preserves font and colors of selected text.
- Overhauled text-transfer module. Faster and more reliable. Drop files on the IVT window to transfer them to the host.
- Running IVT from a network share is now supported.
- HIGHLIGHT improvements: Recognizes many different error messages and highlights them on screen.
Configurable actions when you click on such messages.
- Many improvements to scripted DIALOG GUI-interface.
- Nested IF-statements, IVT script language is now a true block-structured language.
Many other improvements to the script-engine.
Dozens of smaller enhancements, speed improvements, bug fixes.
New in version 25.2 (July 2016):
- New, fresh look, new web site, new price: only 15 euros.
New licence type (single unique PC-ID).
There is a “buy-now” wizard in IVT, fully automated ordering process, takes only minutes.
- New IVT interface: Simplified or Advanced.
In simplified mode much of complexity is hidden to make IVT more user-friendly.
- Support for the latest SSH server versions. Many fixes to the SSH protocol.
- Better support for drag & drop file transfer (drop files on IVT to transfer them
to the host).
- New scripts that recognize error messages displayed by the host. The messages are
highlighted and clickable. For example, a compiler error is highlighted on-screen,
when clicked it will start your favourite editor on the proper file/line.
Configurable & extendable.
- New “Screen marker” feature: Select text and hit F3 and the text wil be
highlighted. Handy to find interesting bits on full screens. F4 un-marks.
- Resizing the screen no longer clips long lines, and has an overall better user
- New plugin system for easy (script) extensions.
- Many extensions to the script language (new data types, functions, etc). Too
numerous to list here, see manual for details. If you write IVT scripts, you
really should check this out!
- Many extensions to (scripted) dialogs: Bitmaps, fonts, colors, etc.
Allows IVT scripts to make dialogs much more attractive. Auto-formatting and
auto-layout of dialogs, multi-lingual scripts.
- Status line now shows the available options in the various modes of IVT. Even
long-time IVT users may find pleasant surprises here!
- New (optional) AutoPrompt system: programs your Unix prompt to make IVT display
current user, directory and other information in the tab, status and/or title bar.
- Various resizing, multi-monitor and positioning issues solved. Opening a session in
a new window is now better supported.
Plus over a hundred smaller bugfixes, improvements and extensions.
See the F4-N(ews) screen for full details.