New in version 25.2:
- New, fresh look, new web site, new price: only 15 euros.
New licence type (single unique PC-ID).
There is a “buy-now” wizard in IVT, fully automated ordering process, takes only minutes.
- New IVT interface: Simplified or Advanced.
In simplified mode much of complexity is hidden to make IVT more user-friendly.
- Support for the latest SSH server versions. Many fixes to the SSH protocol.
- Better support for drag & drop file transfer (drop files on IVT to transfer them
to the host).
- New scripts that recognize error messages displayed by the host. The messages are
highlighted and clickable. For example, a compiler error is highlighted on-screen,
when clicked it will start your favourite editor on the proper file/line.
Configurable & extendable.
- New “Screen marker” feature: Select text and hit F3 and the text wil be
highlighted. Handy to find interesting bits on full screens. F4 un-marks.
- Resizing the screen no longer clips long lines, and has an overall better user
- New plugin system for easy (script) extensions.
- Many extensions to the script language (new data types, functions, etc). Too
numerous to list here, see manual for details. If you write IVT scripts, you
really should check this out!
- Many extensions to (scripted) dialogs: Bitmaps, fonts, colors, etc.
Allows IVT scripts to make dialogs much more attractive. Auto-formatting and
auto-layout of dialogs, multi-lingual scripts.
- Status line now shows the available options in the various modes of IVT. Even
long-time IVT users may find pleasant surprises here!
- New (optional) AutoPrompt system: programs your Unix prompt to make IVT display
current user, directory and other information in the tab, status and/or title bar.
- Various resizing, multi-monitor and positioning issues solved. Opening a session in
a new window is now better supported.
Plus over a hundred smaller bugfixes, improvements and extensions.
See the F4-N(ews) screen for full details.